Health Savings Accounts
A Health Savings Account is an easy way to put aside money for routine health expenses funded with pre-tax dollars. Having a high-deductible insurance plan may actually lower your health insurance premiums because it allows you to use a tax-advantage HSA. There are NO MONTHLY FEES and a debit card is included allowing easy access to your funds. You decide how much to put into the account and use the money to pay medical expenses as you need it, including expenses your insurance may not cover. Please speak with a customer representative for more information.
- Mobile Banking
- ATM/Debit card
- Online banking
- Bill Pay
- Cashier’s checks available
- Direct deposit available
Any adult can contribute to an HSA if they:
- Have coverage under an HSA-qualified "high deductible health plan" (HDHP)
- Have no other first-dollar medical coverage (other types of insurance like specific injury insurance or accident, disability, dental care, vision care, or long-term insurance are permitted).
- Are not enrolled in Medicare.
- Cannot be claimed as a dependent on someone else's tax return
Paper statements are available; $3.50 each statement.
Account subject to $25 setup fee.
Your Community Bank makes the Health Savings Account available as a custodian only. The Your Community Bank Health Savings Account is intended to qualify as a Health Savings Account as set forth in Internal Revenue Code Section 223. The account beneficiary that establishes the HSA is solely responsible for ensuring he/she satisfies the Health Savings Account eligibility requirements set forth in Section 223. If an individual/employee establishes a Health Savings Account and he/she is not otherwise eligible, he/she will be subject to adverse tax consequences. We recommend that HSA applicants and/or employers contacted qualified tax or legal counsel before establishing a Health Savings Account.